 | Our Christmas celebration really started two weeks ago. We got tickets to the MoTab Christmas concert in SLC. I was especially excited that we had an opportunity to go because Sam will be baptized next month. I had this secret mommy wish that he would have one of those great spiritual moments that he would never forget. Well...it didn't really turn out the way I imagined it would! We had a fun day at the Planetarium and California Pizza Kitchen prior to going to the concert. We stopped here on Temple Square and saw the amazing lights (we'd never been at Christmas time before). When we were finally seated in the Conference Center (the nose bleed section), Sam started to fuss and I could tell he wasn't feeling well. After the second song started, I looked over and he was completely asleep! He slept the entire time! So much for my fantasy. To top off the evening, it was FREEZING and SNOWING. We ended up staying in a hotel and had a harrowing ride home the next morning. The good news is that the rest of us loved the concert. Rachel was especially smitten with the bass section of the orchestra. |
 |
Here's Rachel at her middle school Christmas concert. I would say "Holiday Concert" but they didn't even pretend at Cedar Ridge. ALL of the songs were about Santa and Jesus. I can't imagine this was a fun concert for the non-Christian folks in our special part of Cache Valley. Anyhooo...Rachel was adorable and pleased as punch to bring "Edward" to the concert this time (her new bass). We keep Edward at home unless she has a performance.
|
 |
Our adorbale niece, Hannah, at our Cousin's Cookie Party. She was delighted to lick the frosting off as many sugar cookies as we would give her! Hannah is my sister, Carrie's, daughter. We love having my sister and her family nearby. How else would we have a Cousin's Cookie Party?
|
 | This picture is for Anne. This is the coolest domino run EVER! THANK YOU!!!!
|
 | We spent Christmas in Mapleton this year. Andy's grandma, Kathryn, passed away a few weeks ago and her memorial service was set for the day after Christmas in Seattle. So we went to Jen's parent's house for the holiday so we could get Andy to the airport Christmas night. Weeellll...things didn't turn out the way we planned (do they ever?). Not only were we blasted with snow Christmas night, but so was Seattle. Andy got to the airport with no problem, but his flight was delayed, making it impossible for him to leave that night. As if that weren't enough, the memorial service was cancelled due to weather as well. By the time we figured all of this out (at like 10:00 PM), it was impossible for us to go back to the airport and pick Andy up--most of I-15 was closed. SO, this cute smiling man spent Christmas night in the airport sleeping on a couch. Jen's dad went to retrieve him the next morning. The good news is that Andy will be able to use his ticket to Seattle in the future--he looks forward to catching up with his family when the weather improves!
|
 | This right here is what we call Joy In A Box (aka Guitar Hero World Tour Complete Band Kit Edition for the Wii). Andy (and the kids) have been wanting it for MONTHS. In fact, while Jen is writing this blog post, Andy is tap, tap, tapping away to Billy Idol on his totally rad drum kit.
|
 |
Christmas wouldn't be Christmas for Sam without a set or two of these bad boys!
|
 | Rachel squeals with delight (and points toward heaven) when she realizes she's holding an iPod in her hands--she had no idea she was getting one!
|
 |
I got a Wii Fit--which was completely shocking because I thought I knew what every single gift under the tree was this year (most of you moms out there know what I'm talking about). But why the tears? Well, it turns out my dear Andy paid for this gift with his hockey money. Which means he won't be able to play this next season. I was a little choked up when I realized the sacrifice he had made so I could have a little Joy In a Box of my own.
|
 |
God Bless Us, Every One! |
2 comments:
What an awesome husband! LUCKY!
Great Christmas! I am so happy for you all, it looks like a great Christmas for all of you.
Post a Comment