
Here is Andy with his brother, Greg--who drove up from Texas on his way to Oregon a few weeks ago. We were able to meet up in Brigham City for lunch and a nice chat. We don't see Greg as often as we would like--so this was a nice treat for all of us. We ate at a place that serves Bison--which completely grossed Rachel out (the bison is her favorite animal).

Happy Birthday TWO Hannah! We had a fun little celebration for her at our house.

Grandma gave Hannah some Thomas trains--a BIG hit!

So Keey-ute in her new
Birthday Suit!

If any of you are looking for a completely indulgent, decadent treat, we highly recommend the Cold Stone Cupcake (this one happens to be the Chocolate Decadence variety). Getting it on your nose is optional (but really does enhance the experience).
I'm posting this photo for Carrie's benefit. This here cupcake transporting device was a gift from a loved one--and she just couldn't bring herself to use it (why would anyone need such a ridiculous contraption in their lives, she asked herself). Perhaps one deterrent is that it's the color of pantyliners. The other may be that it has a big plastic cover that snaps over the top and makes it look like you're carrying something TOP SECRET. I broke down and asked to borrow it when I made 100 cupcakes for 3 different events the week of Valentine's Day. So here it is Carrie--laugh your heart out!
Here is our prim and proper son at his class's Valentine Tea. The theme was the Mad Hatter Tea Party (thus the crazy hat). The orange slice stuffed in his mouth was not part of the party protocol--just Sam being Sam!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! The kids were excited to find their Valentine gifts on their breakfast plates--books and Love Monkey Webkinz. Hooray!

We made each other Valentines using candy bars on poster board. Here are the kids showing off theirs (we got some too, but didn't feel like laying on the floor to show them off!).

Papa Murphy isn't the only guy in town who knows how to make heart-shaped pizza!

We had a great time at the Draper Temple Open House a couple of weeks ago. We pulled the kids out of school early and headed down for the grand tour (they allow anyone to tour an LDS temple prior to its dedication). This was taken in the reception hall afterward. It was a fun little get-away for us. Both kids loved it--Sam even said, "I totally LOVE this place!"

Mom/Grandma came up last weekend and stayed over night. Just before bed, Sam cornered her and had her listen to an excruciatingly long Weird Al song on his iPod. Now THAT, my friends, is a dedicated Grandma!
5 comments:
I would just like to add that I can't for the life of me figure out why my blogs are so ugly--why don't they post the way they look when I write them?
It's an html thing. It's not like a word processor. But the words are what counts--always love your posts. You must have been an English major or something.
So I just have to ask after seeing Hannah in close up. Was she born with her own box of kleenex?
Hilarious! Now I know for sure that I won't be seen with the Always Cupcake Basket! But snaps to you for braving it. As for Hannah's nose...you gotta problem with that?!
You are a fantastic blogger! Not only that, but you are an amazing mother. A heart shaped pizza, candy bar cards, Webkinz for Valentines, etc! When I grow up I'm going to be like you
Post a Comment